We will only keep your information for as long as the law requires us to, or as long as it remains relevant to the purposes for which it was collected.
Anáhaw Books is committed to complying with Republic Act 10173 or the Data Privacy Act of 2012, and its implementing rules and regulations.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you create an Ana account, or otherwise provide us with your personal information through Shopify, the personal information we collect may include your:
- Delivery Address
- Email Address
- Contact Number
- Mobile Number
We will only be able to collect your personal information if you voluntarily submit the information to us. If you choose not to submit your personal information to us or subsequently withdraw your consent to our use of your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our services. You may access and update your personal information submitted to us at any time as described below.
If you provide personal information of any third party to us, we assume that you have obtained the required consent from the relevant third party to share and transfer his/her personal information to us.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The personal information we collect from you will be used or shared with third parties (including related companies, third party service providers, and third-party sellers), for some or all of the following purposes:
- To process orders you submit through Shopify, whether the products are sold by Anáhaw Books or a third-party seller. Payments that you make through Shopify for products, whether sold by Anáhaw Books or a third-party seller, will be processed by our agent;
- To deliver the products you have purchased through Shopify, whether sold by Anáhaw Books or a third-party seller. We may pass your personal information on to a third party in order to fulfill delivery of the product to you (for example, to our courier or supplier), whether the product is sold through Shopify by Anáhaw Books or a third-party seller;
- To update you on the delivery of the products, whether sold through Shopify by Anáhaw Books or a third-party seller, and for customer support purposes;
- To compare information, and verify with third parties in order to ensure that the information is accurate;
- Further, we will use the information you provide to administer your account (if any) with us; verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments you make online; audit the downloading of data from Shopify; improve the layout and/or content of the pages of Shopify and customize them for users; identify visitors on Shopify; carry out research on our users’ demographics and behavior; provide you with information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including information about our or third party sellers’ products and services, provided you have indicated that you have not objected to being contacted for these purposes;
- When you register an account with Anáhaw Books or otherwise provide us with your personal information through Shopify, we will also use your personal information to send you marketing and/or promotional materials about our or third-party sellers’ products and services from time to time. You can unsubscribe from receiving marketing information at any time by using the unsubscribe function within the electronic marketing material. We may use your contact information to send newsletters from us and from our related companies.
- In exceptional circumstances, Anáhaw Books may be required to disclose personal information, such as when there are grounds to believe that the disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, or for law enforcement purposes, or for fulfilment of legal and regulatory requirements and requests.
Anáhaw Books may share your personal information with third parties and our affiliates for the above mentioned purposes, specifically, completing a transaction with you, managing your account and our relationship with you, marketing and fulfilling any legal or regulatory requirements and requests as deemed necessary by Anáhaw Books. In sharing your personal information with them, we endeavor to ensure that the third parties and our affiliates keep your personal information secure from unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, or similar risks and retain your personal information only for as long as they need your personal information to achieve the above-mentioned purposes.
In disclosing or transferring your personal information to third parties and our affiliates located overseas, Anáhaw Books takes steps to ensure that the receiving jurisdiction has in place a standard of protection accorded to personal information that is comparable to the protection under or up to the standard of the Data Privacy Act of 2012, and its implementing rules and regulations.
Anáhaw Books does not engage in the business of selling customers’ personal information to third parties.
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
You may communicate your objection to our continual use and/or disclosure of your personal information for any of the purposes and in the manner as stated above at any time by contacting us at our e-mail address below.
Please note that if you communicate your objection to our use and/or disclosure of your personal information for the purposes and in the manner as stated above, depending on the nature of your objection, we may not be in a position to continue to provide our products or services to you or perform on any contract we have with you. Our legal rights and remedies are expressly reserved in such event.
UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can update your personal information anytime by accessing your account on the Anáhaw Books Platform. If you do not have an account with us, you can do so by contacting us at our e-mail address below.
We take steps to share updates to your personal information with third parties and our affiliates with whom we have shared your personal information if your personal information is still necessary for the above stated purposes.
ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you would like to view the personal information, we have on you, or inquire about the ways in which your personal information has been or may have been used or disclosed by Anáhaw Books within the past year, please contact us at our e-mail address below. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable administrative fee for retrieving your personal information records.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Anáhaw Books ensures that all information collected will be safely and securely stored. We protect your personal information by:
- Restricting access to personal information
- Maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorized computer access
- Securely destroying your personal information when it is no longer needed for any legal or business purpose
Anáhaw Books uses 128-bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology when processing your financial details. 128-bit SSL encryption is approximated to take at least one trillion years to break and is the industry standard.
If you believe that your privacy has been breached by Anáhaw Books, please contact us at our e-mail address below.
Your password is the key to your account. Please use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not share your Anáhaw Books password to anyone. If you do share your password with others, you will be responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account and the consequences. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and other information submitted to Anáhaw Books. You could also be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason or if you have grounds to believe that your password has been compromised, you should immediately contact us and change your password. You are reminded to log off of your account and close the browser when finished using a shared computer.
COLLECTION OF COMPUTER DATA
When you visit Anáhaw Books, our company servers will automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This data may include:
- Your computer's IP address
- Browser type
- Webpage you were visiting before you came to our platform
- The pages within Shopify which you visit
- The time spent on those pages, items and information searched for on Shopify, access times and dates, and other statistics.
This information is collected for analysis and evaluation in order to help us improve our website and the services and products we provide.
Cookies are small text files (typically made up of letters and numbers) placed in the memory of your browser or device when you visit a website or view a message. They allow us to recognize a particular device or browser and help us to personalize the content to match your preferred interests more quickly, and to make our services and platform more convenient and useful to you.
You may be able to manage and delete cookies through your browser or device settings. For more information on how to do so, visit the help material of your browser or device.
Web beacons are small graphic images that may be included on our service and Shopify. They allow us to count users who have viewed these pages so that we can better understand your preference and interests.
ANAHAW BOOKS' RIGHT
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ANÁHAW BOOKS HAS THE RIGHT TO DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ANY LEGAL, REGULATORY, GOVERNMENTAL, TAX, LAW ENFORCEMENT, OR OTHER AUTHORITIES, OR THE RELEVANT RIGHT OWNERS, IF ANÁHAW BOOKS HAS REASONABLE GROUNDS TO BELIEVE THAT DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS NECESSARY FOR THE PURPOSE OF MEETING ANY OBLIGATIONS, REQUIREMENTS OR ARRANGEMENTS, WHETHER VOLUNTARY OR MANDATORY, AS A RESULT OF COOPERATING WITH AN ORDER, AN INVESTIGATION AND/OR A REQUEST OF ANY NATURE BY SUCH PARTIES. TO THE EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU AGREE NOT TO TAKE ANY ACTION AND/OR WAIVE YOUR RIGHTS TO TAKE ANY ACTION AGAINST ANÁHAW BOOKS FOR THE DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IN THESE CIRCUMSTANCES.
CONTACTING ANAHAW BOOKS
If you wish to withdraw your consent to our use of your personal information, request access and/or correction of your personal information, have any queries, comments or concerns, or require any help on technical or cookie-related matters, please feel free to contact us (and our Data Protection Officer) at email@example.com.